COVID & Public Health Information
What You Need To Know
- Avoid close, skin-to-skin contact with people who have a rash that looks like monkeypox.
- Do not touch the rash or scabs of a person with monkeypox.
- Do not kiss, hug, cuddle or have sex with someone with monkeypox.
- Avoid contact with objects and materials that a person with monkeypox has used.
- Do not share eating utensils or cups with a person with monkeypox.
- Do not handle or touch the bedding, towels, or clothing of a person with monkeypox.
- Wash your hands often.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer, especially before eating or touching your face and after you use the bathroom.
People with monkeypox get a rash that may be located on or near the genitals or anus and could be on other areas like the hands, feet, chest, face, or mouth.
- The rash will go through several stages, including scabs, before healing.
- The rash can initially look like pimples or blisters and may be painful or itchy.
- Additional symptoms include: Fever, chills, swollen lymph nodes, exhaustion, muscle aches and backache, headache, respiratory symptomes (e.g. sore throat, nasal congestion, or cough)
The CDC recommends vaccination for people who have been exposed to monkeypox and people who are at a higher risk of being exposed. If you have any symptoms, talk to your healthcare provider, even if you don't think you have had contact with someone who has monkeypox.
Students and faculty may also contact:
Dean of Students, Gary Addington
For more information on Monkeypox:
The CARES Act is the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act for Higher Education. Otero was awarded funds that were required to be used only as direct grants to students to provide emergency relief aid for hardships due to the COVID-19 pandemic as they look to continue their education.
Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF)Section 18004 (E) of the CARES Act Reporting and Disclosure
001362000_HEERF_Q42022_04052023 FINAL REPORT
Otero HEERF III Quarter 1 2022 Report
Otero HEERF III Quarter 4 2021 Report
Otero HEERF II FINAL and HERF III Quarter 3 2021 Report
(HEERF) Reporting & Disclosures: 06:30.21
(HEERF) Quarterly Reporting: 06.30.21
(HEERF) Reporting and Disclosure: March 31, 2021
(HEERF) Quarterly Reporting: 03.31.2021
(HEERF) Quarterly Reporting: FINAL 03.31.2021
(HEERF) Reporting and Disclosure: FINAL 12.31.2020
(HEERF) Quarterly Reporting: 12.31.2020
(HEERF) Quarterly Reporting: 09.30.2020
(HEERF) Reporting and Disclosure: September 30
(HEERF) Reporting and Disclosure: August 18
(HEERF) Reporting and Disclosure: July 4
(HEERF) Reporting and Disclosure: May 15
(HEERF) Reporting September 30, 2020 – Quarterly Status
(HEERF) Reporting August 15, 2020 – 45 Day Status