What is Agriculture Business?
Agricultural business (sometimes referred to as agribusiness) has developed to meet the needs of modern farming in a global marketplace. The field of agricultural business focuses on production, farm management, conservation, and the marketing of crops, livestock, and dairy products. Today’s farm businesses and farming professionals increasingly need sophisticated strategies and agricultural technology solutions for production, resource management, and sales. The agricultural business industry continues to grow to meet the complex needs and challenges of 21st-century agribusiness management.
Otero College, in cooperation with Colorado State University - Fort Collins, has developed a two-year Associate of Science degree track with an emphasis in Agriculture in three different areas: Agriculture Business, Animal Science, and Soil and Crop Science.
Upon successful completion, all classes associated with the degree can transfer to select four-year institutions.
The AS to BS Degree Option
Students who earn an Associate of Science in Agriculture Business at Otero with plans to pursue a bachelor’s degree can transfer seamlessly into the CSU-Fort Collins College of Agricultural Science where a student can earn a bachelor's degree with an additional 60 hours of credit.
STEM Degree Programs
The Otero Agriculture Business AS Degree provides courses that meet requirements for the articulation agreement with Colorado State University - Fort Collins. Ag Science articulation agreements also exist for New Mexico State University, Oklahoma Panhandle State University, West Texas State University and Northwest Oklahoma University. Please see your advisor for the correct course of study and articulation agreement specific to your transfer university.
- Agriculture Business Advising Sheet CSU
- Agriculture Business Advising Sheet West Texas A&M
- Agriculture Business Advising Sheet New Mexico State University
If you are planning to transfer on to a 4-year university after graduating at Otero, view the Otero College Transfer Agreement. Each student should work closely with their advisor and contact their transfer institution choices for more specific transfer information. Other transfer information can be found at The Colorado Dept. of Higher Education.
Why Choose Otero for Agricultural Business?
- Eligible for Financial Aid and Scholarships.
- Otero offers options to specialize in a specific area of the agriculture industry.
- Credits transfer seamlessly to Colorado State University-Fort Collins.
- Transfer agreements in place with other bachelor degree programs including: New Mexico State University, Oklahoma Panhandle State University, West Texas State University, Northwest Oklahoma University.
- Complete the first two years of a bachelor’s degree at an affordable, high-quality community college.