Achieve your fitness goals at Otero
Located next to the McDivitt Gym, the Otero College Fitness Center provides students, athletes and community members the ideal space to stay in shape and work on fitness goals.
Gym Equipment & Amenities Include:
- Free Weights
- Tread Mills
- Elliptical Trainers
- Nautilus Equipment
- Aerobics Room
- Racquetball Courts
- Changing Rooms
Who has access to the fitness center?
Students must be enrolled in at least 2 credit hours and must display a valid Otero College ID card to have access into the Fitness Center.
Faculty and Staff Immediate Family members are granted access to the Fitness Center with a valid faculty or staff Otero College ID Card.
No person under 14 years of age is allowed in the Fitness Center.
Who has access to the fitness center?
Aerobics- Monday, Wednesday, Friday 12-1pm
Our Aerobics class is an upbeat class that anyone from any fitness background can benefit from. Each class offers a mix of resistance training and cardio to achieve a high intensity, full body workout.
Zumba- Tuesday, Thursday 5:45-6:45pm
Zumba is a Latin inspired dance class for anyone looking to try a fun new activity, all while getting a great full body workout in.
Silver Sneakers- Tuesday, Thursday 8-9am
Our Silver Sneakers class is a wonderful option if you are looking to improve mobility, balance, and overall strength. Our class focuses on improving aspects of your everyday life to ensure lifelong health and wellness.
Please complete this packet ahead of time or complete it at Student Services with proof of Silver Sneakers eligibility. If your insurance does not cover Silver Sneakers, you have the option of purchasing a Punch Card to access the class.
Fitness Center policies and procedures
- Otero College Students, Faculty and Staff are granted access to the Fitness Center with a valid ID.
- Faculty and Staff immediate family members with a valid Otero College family designation ID may use the Fitness Center.
- Children between ages 14 and 23 years and spouses are to be considered Otero College faculty and staff immediate family.
- Otero College punch cards are available to purchase from the Cashier for access to the Fitness Center. Punch card members must sign a waiver for facility usage at the time the punch card is purchased. More information concerning punch card and punch card usage is available in the Fitness Center.
- Members may only use the facility during the hours of operation.
In the event of an emergency within the Fitness Center, notify a staff member immediately. If immediate assistance is needed, call 911.
- Otero College work studies provide primary supervision for the facility and may or may not be CPR certified. All facility staff is under the authority of the Fitness Director.
- Otero College has the right to ask members to leave and/or discontinue use for not abiding by facility rules or any unsaid reason.
- Individuals are responsible for their personal belongings. Otero College is not responsible for lost or stolen possessions. Lost and found items will be held at the front desk. Please report any lost or stolen items to the Fitness Center Staff.
- All equipment must be returned to it’s designated area.
- Members should clean all used equipment with the cleaning solution provided in spray bottles throughout the facility.
- All equipment must be used in the manner for which it is designed.
- Members may check out equipment from Fitness Center Staff by providing their ID.
- Weight collars, pins, clips & smith machine safety hooks must be used.
- A spotter is necessary when performing heavy lifts.
- We recommend using the safety clip located on the left of all treadmill consoles.
- Treadmills should be lowered to a 0 incline after use.
- Share equipment and allow others to use your machine when doing multiple sets.
- Do not drop weights or allow weights on machines to drop. Perform controlled reps only.
- Please report equipment failures to the staff on duty.
- Benches must be kept in designated area of use.
- The benches should not be stepped/jumped on.
- Only rubber weights are allowed on Olympic Platforms.
- Medicine balls should only be used against the wall with TRX bands (FC) and brick wall (AG).
- If a significant amount of sweat, mud, etc. gets on equipment or the floor, it must be cleaned up.
- Any bodily fluids (spit, throw up, etc.) should be cleaned up and disposed of immediately.
- Chalk is not allowed in the facilities.
- Shirts are required within facilities at all times.
- Shirts and shorts must be appropriate coverage (no spandex, short tops or shorts).
- Appropriate athletic shoes that protect feet and floors are required (no sandals, cleats, or boots).
- Muddy or dirty shoes are not allowed in facilities.
- No food is allowed within the facility and liquids must be in closed containers.
- No pets are allowed inside the facility.
- Personal music should not be played aloud in the facility.
- No one is allowed behind the front desk except Fitness Center Staff.
- There should be no trash, clothing, personal belongings left in the facilities.
- The stereo system should not be disconnected for personal use.
- Loud and/or abusive language is prohibited.
- Smoking, drugs, or alcohol are prohibited.
- The courts are available during Fitness Center hours of operation.
- No dumbbells or weights should be put on the court floors.
- No soccer balls should be kicked on any of the walls/glass.
- Volleyballs may be lightly tossed on the court walls, but not the glass.
- Medicine balls should not be used within the courts.
- Fitness Center Classes have priority for usage.
- If members wish to use the Aerobes Room and the equipment in the Aerobics Room, members must receive permission from Fitness Center Staff.
Fitness Center Hours
- Monday – Thursday 8 AM – 10 PM
- Friday 8 AM – 6 PM
- Saturday 8 AM – 12 PM
- Sunday – Closed
Fitness Center Memberships
- Punch Card – $60 for 25 visits
- Day Pass – $10
Available to community members who are not students, faculty or staff. See Cashier in Student Services to purchase
Fitness Center Contact
Fitness Center Director
McDivitt Center Gym, Room 118